- 78% of American workers live paycheck to paycheck according to a 2017 report by employment website CareerBuilder.
- $6,741 is the average revolving credit card balance for U.S. households, according to a NerdWallet 2019 Survey.
- 42% of workers with adult children over 21 provide them with financial support and more than half are willing to sacrifice their own financial well-being to do so, according to a 2018 (PwC) PricewaterhouseCoopers survey.
- 46% of individuals lack a rainy day fund to cover expenses for three months according to a FINRA National Financial Capability Study.
- Just 24% of Millennials demonstrate basic financial literacy, according to a study from the National Endowment for Financial Education.
- $135,065 was the average U.S. household’s outstanding debt, including mortgages and credit card balances, according to a NerdWallet study.
- More than 1 in 10 parents are also caring for an aging adult parent according to a Pew Research 2018 study.
- Two-thirds of Americans would struggle to scrounge up $1,000 in an emergency, according to an Associated Press-NORC Center for Public Affairs Research poll.
- 85% of Americans report they are anxious about their financial situation and that it interferes with work, according to a Financial Health Network paper in 2017.
- There is a direct correlation between financial stress and accidents among drivers in the trucking industry, according to a four-year research study conducted by Dr. Carrie Leana at The University of Pittsburgh.
3 Ways to Fight Back Today
- Create a personal budget to understand where you spend money.
- On a monthly basis, seek to spend less than you make and set aside the difference for paying down debt.
- For employers, learn more about adopting a financial wellness program that will enable and empower employees to improve their financial health.
The Full Infographic
Living Paycheck to Paycheck is a Way of Life for Majority of U.S. Workers, According to New CareerBuilder Survey
U.S. employees aren’t confident about reaching financial goals, according to PwC
More than one in 10 U.S. parents are also caring for an adult
Poll: Two-thirds of U.S. would struggle to cover $1,000 crisis
In the U.S., 46% of individuals lack a rainy day fund.
NEFE: Only 24% of millennials demonstrate basic financial literacy
NerdWallet: 2018 American Household Credit Card Debt Study by NerdWallet
HR Drive: One in three workers say their personal finances are distracting at work
CCJ: Research leads Pitt Ohio to create emergency savings plan for drivers, employees